G-Technology Announces G-SAFE
G-Technology has announced G-SAFE, a new line of RAID protected storage solutions designed specifically for professional digital photographers. G-SAFE is equipped with a hardware RAID 1 controller that automatically mirrors data to two hot-swappable disk drives to provide the ultimate in data security and peace of mind. Should a disk failure occur, the digital content stored on G-SAFE remains safe and accessible. G-SAFE sports high-speed FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 ports for fast data transfers and universal connectivity to personal computers. G-SAFE is available in capacities up to 1 TB (using two Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 1TB disk drives) – enough storage to safeguard 250,000 high-resolution (4 MB) digital images.
- Provides full-time, automatic backup of data stored to system;
- Hardware RAID 1 controller mirrors data to two drives simultaneously;
- Two hot-swappable 7200 RPM SATA II drive modules with up to 32MB cache;
- Protected storage capacities to 1 TB;
- Connects to any Mac or PC via FireWire 400/800 or USB 2.0;
- Supports auto-rebuild of array when a drive module is replaced;
- Quiet cooling fan for long life and reliable operation;
- Built-in universal AC power supply;
- LCD panel for configuration and monitoring of system;
- High-quality all aluminum enclosure.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page