Nokia and Yahoo! to Bring Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 to Nokia Devices
Nokia and Yahoo! have expanded their relationship to make Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 available on Nokia's wide range of mobile phones operating on the Series 40 platform, the software user interface that powers Nokia's broadest range of mobile devices. Beginning today consumers worldwide can download and enjoy Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 on select Nokia devices including the Nokia 6103, Nokia 6131 and Nokia 5300 Xpress Music phones. In the first half of 2007, the companies will also make Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 available for a wider range of devices and pre-load it onto millions of new Series 40 devices.
Nokia and Yahoo! have worked together since April 2005 to give consumers the optimal Internet experience on their mobile devices. As a result, millions of Nokia mobile device owners are able to easily use Yahoo!'s innovative services to stay informed, entertained and in touch with their Internet community. The companies have expanded their relationship several times since then to include a wide range of Yahoo!'s services across the majority of Nokia's mobile devices.
Key features of Yahoo! Go for Mobile 2.0 include:
- Search reinvented for mobile consumers - oneSearch is a completely new mobile search service designed to give consumers what they want when they are on their mobile phone - instant answers. It recognizes the intent of a search term and presents actual content on the results page, grouped by subject matter and relevance. Results are easy to read and scroll through, and drilling down to get more details only takes a single click.
- Ability to be local, no matter where a consumer may be - Local and maps gives consumers quick access to comprehensive local directory information for businesses across the US, enhanced with ratings and reviews from the millions-strong Yahoo! community. Listings include the ability to call with 1-click, interactive maps and turn-by-turn driving directions that plot your route. It even includes real time traffic updates to help consumers avoid trouble spots.
- Rich, highly personalizable content from thousands of sources to keep consumers connected - The current headlines and breaking news ticker keep consumers connected to the news, sports, entertainment and finance news that matters to them. It also includes a "command center" where consumers can access more articles, use watchlists to track topics of interest, from sports teams to stocks to celebrities, or add new content from any almost any of the millions of sources on the Web that publish in RSS.
- Photo sharing to keep consumers connected to their community - Full integration of Flickr, one of the Web's most innovative and prolific photo-sharing communities, makes it easy for consumers to upload and manage images from their camera phone. Consumers can also easily share photos, view their friends' pictures and explore or search the millions of images posted by the Flickr community.
- Streamlined e-mail keeps consumers in sync - The streamlined e-mail interface allows consumers to quickly respond to, delete or compose new messages or view attachments with a single click. Advanced search capabilities allow consumers to locate important e-mail easily by searching in the subject line, the body of a message or an attachment.
The Nokia Series 40 platform enables a broad range of applications and features, including messaging, browsing, music and video as well as personal information management.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page