Toshiba Launches Signature Windows Vista PC
Toshiba has announced the Port?g? R400 notebook computer. Highlighted by two world's first technologies, the Port?g? R400 is the product of a joint collaboration between industry giants, Toshiba and Microsoft, to create the signature Windows Vista PC. Toshiba's Port?g? R400 is the world's first notebook computer with the ability to automatically synchronize e-mail and calendar events through the integration of Microsoft's Active Notifications. This exclusive technology helps ensure accurate and timely information is available to the user — whether the system is on or in suspend mode. To assist with this synchronization process, the Port?g? R400 features Toshiba's ConfigFree, which helps detect and connect to the strongest and most reliable network connection available.
To further enhance the functionality of the system's automatic e-mail synchronization capabilities, the company added the Toshiba Edge Display to the Port?g? R400. Located on the front edge of the Port?g? R400, this secondary display serves as the user's Personal Information Assistant allowing the user to easily monitor his/her inbox and calendar activity. To ensure full benefits of the convertible design, the Toshiba Edge Display is viewable in notebook or tablet mode and even when the unit is stored in a carrying case.
With the Port?g? R400, Toshiba is announcing the world's first wirelessly dockable notebook computer. This seamless approach eliminates the daily hassle of connecting and disconnecting peripherals and delivers the convenience and simplicity that mobile users demand. Through the integration of Ultra Wide Band technology with wireless digital video capabilities, the Port?g? R400 docking experience is designed specifically for desktop use and can automatically connect when the notebook comes within proximity of the Toshiba Wireless Port Replicator. The Toshiba Wireless Port Replicator will be compatible with new Port?g? R400 models — both products are targeted for availability in the second quarter of 2007.
As a convertible notebook computer, the Port?g? R400 combines a patent pending elevated rotational hinge and a 12.1-inch diagonal widescreen LED backlit high-brightness display with wide viewing angle. This screen technology combined with Microsoft Windows Aero delivers a rich and brilliant visual computing experience.
A bold design statement, Toshiba employed a dramatic white and black color scheme to the Port?g? R400. This distinctive approach delivers a level of elegance and sophistication to satisfy the needs of successful mobile professionals, discriminating technology enthusiasts, C-level executives and small business entrepreneurs. The high-gloss finish of the Port?g? R400 features an ultraviolet, clear coat for greater scratch-resistant than standard paint.
The integration of a biometric fingerprint reader, multi-level passwords and a TPM 1.2 encryption module as part of the company's exclusive EasyGuard technology helps safeguard the Port?g? R400 against unauthorized access, data theft, and virtual attacks. This sophisticated, yet simple, strategy helps preserve confidential company data and sensitive personal information to deliver a high level of tranquility to Port?g? R400 users.
The Port?g? R400 comes with a three-year standard limited warranty4, which includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country, or the customer may use any of the more than 3,000 UPS Stores for packaging and delivery of the product to a centralized depot for prompt service turnaround. Customers can also choose to upgrade the notebook's service plans, including up to four years of extended service plans.
Port?g? R400-S4931 Recommended Configuration:
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor U2500 (1.20GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB);
- Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate;
- Display: 12.1-inch diagonal widescreen LED backlit high-brightness display with wide viewing angle )Active matrix LCD WXGA (1280 x 800 native resolution));
- System Chipset: Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset;
- Graphics Controller: Intel Graphics Accelerator 950 with 8MB-256MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory;
- Memory: 2048MB PC4200 DDR2 SDRAM (max 4GB);
- Hard Drive: 80GB (4200RPM) Enhanced IDE (ATA-6);
- Optical Drive: External USB DVD SuperMulti drive (+R double layer) drive supporting 10 formats;
- Communications: Integrated EV-DO (Verizon Wireless); Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g); Intel PRO/1000 Network Connection (10/100/1000 Base-TX Ethernet); Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR;
- Ports: Video: RGB monitor port; Audio: microphone jack, headphone jack
Data: 2–USB (v.2.0), RJ-45 LAN;
- Battery: 6-cell (4000mAh) Lithium Ion;
- Secondary Battery: 6-cell (4000mAh) rechargeable, removable Lithium Ion;
- Dimensions: 12.0-inches x 9.43-inches x 1.18/1.26-inches (f/r);
- Weight: Starting at 3.79 pounds.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page