T-Mobile to Ship T-Mobile Dash - Its New QWERTY Smartphone
T-Mobile unveils the new T-Mobile Dash, a Smartphone designed to help customers master their busy home and work life. The full-featured T-Mobile Dash delivers voice calling, personal and business e-mail, and Wi-Fi capabilities in a small, sleek package. Manufactured by High Tech Computer and available from T-Mobile only, the Dash Smartphone, powered by Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 with Direct Push Technology, has a soft-touch exterior and full QWERTY keyboard — great for consumers who want to have their e-mail, contacts and calendar on-the-go but are looking for a sleek device they can comfortably use with one hand.
The T-Mobile Dash provides quick and convenient access to personal and business e-mail, instant messaging and text messaging, as well as a great phone experience with speakerphone and Bluetooth connectivity for reliable hands-free use. It also includes a 1.3-megapixel camera for capturing those important moments and Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for music and video on-the-go. The T-Mobile Dash is a myFaves-enabled phone, taking advantage of the new wireless communications experience available only through T-Mobile. Customers are empowered with a fun and easy-to-use phone interface which, when coupled with a myFaves rate plan, facilitates unlimited nationwide calling to any five U.S. phone numbers (excluding toll-free and 900 numbers).
Super sleek at just 0.51 inches thin and weighing 4.2 ounces, the T-Mobile Dash is built upon Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5.0 platform, including Outlook Mobile for up-to-date e-mail, calendar and contact information. The T-Mobile Dash also supports the Messaging and Security Feature Pack with Direct Push Technology out-of-the-box, providing instant e-mail and enhanced security features (that let you wipe a device if stolen or require high-security passwords to access information).
Key features of the T-Mobile Dash include:
- Thin, soft-touch design with full QWERTY keyboard
- Access to personal and business e-mail as well as calendar, and contacts with Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile
- Use personal and business e-mail with accounts from Microsoft Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo Mail Plus, Comcast, EarthLink, and many more
- Support for personal e-mail and all four major instant messaging providers: AOL, Yahoo!, MSN and ICQ
- Access to high-speed data connections virtually anywhere — at home, at work, around town or abroad with quad-band GSM, GPRS, EDGE and (with a separate add-on plan) Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Speakerphone and stereo Bluetooth wireless technology for reliable hands-free use
- Windows Media Player 10 Mobile to play audio and video files from the Internet, e-mail or transferred from a PC
- A 1.3-megapixel camera for capturing still images and video
- Ability to make use of MicroSD expandable memory, purchased separately, to allow users to store a multitude of personal multimedia, including songs, photos and videos
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 platform with Microsoft Direct Push Technology: receive e-mails in real-time and conveniently access the calendar and address book
- T-Mobile myFaves-enabled, so users can sign up for service that gives them unlimited nationwide calling to any five U.S. numbers (excluding toll-free and 900 numbers), with no domestic roaming or long-distance charges, and that lets them display these five contacts on a customizable myFaves home screen
- Large color display (2.4-inch screen with 65K colors and 320x240 pixels)
- Dimensions: 4.4 inches by 2.5 inches by 0.51 inches; 4.2 ounces with standard battery
- Battery life: up to five hours of talk time and up to nine days of standby.
The T-Mobile Dash will be available exclusively to T-Mobile customers beginning Oct. 25.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page