Toshiba to Ship Satellite M115 14.1" Notebook PC
Toshiba has announced the Satellite M115-S3144, Toshiba's first 14.1-inch diagonal widescreen display notebook PC featuring the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and a new Onyx Blue Metallic color, offering consumers power and style in a 'thin and light' form factor. Weighing a little over five pounds and designed for mobile multimedia entertainment, the Satellite M115-S3144 incorporates the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5200 (1.60GHz, 2MB L2, 533MHz FSB). Based on the new Intel Core Microarchitecture, the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor is designed to handle multiple tasks in less time while consuming less power and reducing fan noise and heat.
Featuring an Onyx Blue Metallic high-gloss lid as well as high-gloss silver palm rest inside, the Satellite M115-S3144 includes 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM dual-channel memory for enhanced performance of games and music, picture and video multimedia files, and 120GB serial-ATA hard disk drive.
The Satellite M115-S3144 notebook also features the following:
* TruBrite technology that offers a brilliant display for games or movies, and easy viewing of spreadsheets and other productivity applications;
* DVD SuperMulti Double Layer drive that reads and writes in up to 11 formats that can nearly double a recordable DVD's storage capacity for photo, music and video files in either DVD+R or DVD-R double layer formats;
* high-capacity 5.400rpm serial-ATA (SATA) hard drives for faster access to stored files;
* SRS TruSurround XT technology for a rich audio experience;
* built-in harman/kardon stereo speakers;
* fingerprint reader for one-touch secure access management;
* DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM memory for better performance of productivity applications and music, picture and video multimedia files;
* four USB 2.0 ports for connectivity of accessories and peripherals;
* Express Media Player that gives users convenient access to CD and DVD playback and other multimedia functions without booting up the Windows operating system.
The Satellite M115-S3144 features Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition 2005 and is Windows Vista Premium Ready, ensuring consumers will be able to upgrade to the new Windows Vista operating system while taking advantage of all the opportunities offered by Windows XP today.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page