Toshiba Releases Satellite U205-S5034 and U205-S5044 Notebooks
Toshiba has announced its latest Satellite ultra-portable and ultra-durable notebooks for consumers now featuring the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor for enhanced performance while reducing power consumption. Featuring a 12.1-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite LCD display, the Satellite U205-S5034 and Satellite U205-S5044 incorporate the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5200 and Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7200 respectively. Based on the new Intel Core Microarchitecture, the integrated Intel Core 2 Duo Processors are Intel's most energy-efficient dual-core performance processors and are designed to handle multiple tasks in less time while consuming less power and reducing fan noise and heat.
The two Satellite U205 Series notebooks are thin and light at 1.34-inches slim and starting at 4.1 pounds. The units include Toshiba's exclusive LifeSmart Technology features, a number of hardware and software enhancements that increase security, stability, performance, wireless connectivity and overall ease-of-use in the notebook series. The enhancements include shock-absorbing technologies to protect the hard drive, a spill-resistant keyboard, and a biometric fingerprint reader for added security.
Other features found in the Satellite U205 notebook line include:
* a DVD SuperMulti Double Layer drive that reads and writes in up to 11 formats that can nearly double a recordable DVD's storage capacity for photo, music and video files in either DVD+R or DVD-R double layer formats;
* high-capacity 5400 rpm serial-ATA (SATA) hard drive for faster access to stored files;
* DDR2 SDRAM memory for better performance of productivity applications and music, picture and video multimedia files;
* 5-in-1 bridge media adapter for easy file sharing and download;
* Toshiba Express Media Player that lets users instantly access DVDs or CDs with the push of a button on the PC chassis without having to boot the Windows operating system;
* and Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005.
Toshiba's exclusive LifeSmart Technology consists of four elements with the following feature highlights:
- Check Up
* shock-absorbing materials to help safeguard critical components such as the hard drive and LCD display;
* the Toshiba Hard Disk Drive Protection System to help safeguard the thin and light notebook hard drive against possible damage resulting from accidental dropping, turbulence, impact or vibration;
* spill-resistant keyboard that affords users time to save work and shut down the system. If an accident should occur, this feature will help prevent the loss of data;
- Lock Up
* integrated biometric fingerprint reader with single sign-on functionality;
- Quick Up
* a complete suite of communication technologies, including modem, LAN and the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (802.11 a/b/g);
* proprietary technologies such as Toshiba's recently upgraded ConfigFree, a graphic connectivity management utility, and the company's patented Diversity Antenna, designed to deliver superior, wireless signal reception through the dual-band Wi-Fi antennas in the notebook's display;
- Tune Up
* proprietary Toshiba Power Saver that maximizes battery life;
* and wireless on/off switch, enabling and disabling the integrated wireless LAN (Wi-Fi).
The Satellite U205-S5034 includes a 100GB hard drive and 1024MB PC4200 DDR2 SDRAM memory. The Satellite U205-S5044 features a 120GB hard drive and 2048MB PC4200 DDR2 SDRAM memory. The Satellite U205 series notebooks also include three USB 2.0, iLINK IEEE 1394, RGB output, RJ-11 modem, RJ-45 LAN, headphone and microphone ports. The Satellite U205 series notebooks are Vista Premium Ready, ensuring consumers will be able to upgrade to the new Microsoft Windows Vista operating system while taking advantage of all the opportunities offered by Windows XP today.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page