Citrix Monopoly to End with 2X ApplicationServer v.4
2X announces the release of 2X ApplicationServer v.4, which allows seamless publishing of Windows applications onto remote desktops, significantly reducing administration overheads and security risks. The new version adds integrated load balancing, Linux & Mac client support, support for server farms, SSL tunneling and more.
2X ApplicationServer: New features:
• Integrated load balancing: 2X ApplicationServer can intelligently connect users seamlessly to the appropriate terminal server. Using resource-based load balancing it can ensure redundancy, as well as distributing resource usage across a farm of terminal servers. It can also reconnect users to disconnected sessions and load balance RDP and ICA connections simultaneously.
• Supports server farms: Publishing can be done on an entire farm (group of terminal servers).
• Remote application publishing via SSL tunneling: With SSL tunneling, remote users can connect securely to any Windows application without the need for a VPN. End-to-end SSL encryption & certificate support makes it secure. Only a single open port is required, making it very manageable for the administrator.
• Linux client: Allows publishing of Windows applications onto Linux desktops or Linux-based thin clients. The Linux client is integrated with a number of free thin client solutions including 2X ThinClientServer and Thinstation
• Mac client: Mac users can run Windows applications easily without the need for virtual machines.
• Easy to use: 2X ApplicationServer has been designed from the ground up to be easy to use. Whereas competitive solutions often required training to get started, 2X ApplicationServer v.4's use of wizards and clear interface allows admins to get application publishing up within half an hour.
Competitive upgrade for current Citrix users
To help companies get started with application publishing, 2X is also offering a free 5 application publishing version.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page