Visionael Unveils Service Automation Suite
Visionael has announced the Visionael Service Automation Suite, a next-generation operational support system inventory, provisioning and activation solution for IP services over multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) and generalized MPLS networks.
The Visionael Service Automation Suite enables service providers and managed service providers to accelerate time to revenue through the automation of service rollouts over IP networks. Using the Visionael suite, service providers can more quickly design, deploy, provision and activate new services – including next-generation voice, data, mobile and video offerings, such as IP television, IP telephony and voice-over IP. The suite also allows service providers to roll out digital subscriber line access multiplexers and thus deliver broadband IP services to multiple customers over one line.
In a separate announcement, Visionael said it was acquiring Defero AB, a Swedish OSS solutions provider, to strengthen the company's ability to support service providers and managed service providers in the rollout of next-generation services. Defero technologies and expertise are part of the new suite.
Pressures to sustain and improve quality of service and meet service level agreements despite increased network communication complexity are driving a rapid shift to converged IP networks, with IP-MPLS network infrastructures in particular gaining popularity. As service providers and network outsourcers adopt IP and multi-protocol-based networks, they require new tools to ensure efficient planning, speedy rollout, and efficient deployment, bundling and reconciling of applications and services.
The Visionael Service Automation Suite offers a repository-agnostic-based solution with native, deep discovery capabilities. Especially proficient in IP-MPLS environments, the suite can help providers dramatically increase network efficiency, ensuring that even last-mile connectivity is established at the lowest possible cost. Instead of worrying about having to rebuild their service delivery solutions, service providers can focus on delivering services, with a full and accurate understanding of the true costs and resources allocated.
Anchored by Visionael's latest release of Network Resource Manager, the company's network inventory technology, the new suite offers customers a powerful out-of-the-box feature set. These capabilities include MPLS activation, workflow design, provisioning automation, and a fully Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE)-compliant integration layer.
The Visionael Service Automation Suite is optimized for service providers, network outsourcers, enterprises and government customers engaged in or planning to roll out services over an IP-based network.
The company's real-time inventory software, coupled with a leading discovery engine, allows the system to import data quickly, discover assets and incorporate an automated capability to compare what was planned to what actually is, and then reconcile the differences.
Visionael's automation and activation features also make it easier to tie together solutions from different vendors and automate the provisioning and activation of services over heterogeneous environments. The suite can be seamlessly integrated into a customer's existing OSS, linking the disparate network elements together. This helps customers achieve scale and significantly reduce time-to-revenue.
The new modularized suite includes:
• Workflow Services Manager: This helps customers realize the highly sought-after benefits of inventory-based provisioning. Working in concert with Visionael's inventory management platform, the Workflow Services Manager delivers the foundation for service order fulfillment.
• Provisioning Services Manager: This module works with the service modeling capabilities of Visionael, offering Web-based automation for the deployment of any service type, at any scale.
• Network Resource Manager: The core of the suite. Visionael's open repository-based, patented technology for collaborative network design.
• Discovery Reconciliation Manager: Rapidly discovers detailed device information, including full physical configurations and associated graphic images, plus port-to-port topology.
• Integration Bus Manager: The fully J2EE-compliant module simplifies data exchange between various software applications, automating and optimizing workflows between systems and significantly improving the network solution's added value and service delivery.
• Services Activation Manager: Activation workflows and integration points can be graphically constructed using this intuitive module. It also logs every step in the process, making it possible to follow the process in real-time and/or audit logs after the process execution is completed.
The Visionael IP Services Automation Suite general release is expected to be available in December.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page