Toshiba to Launch New U3 Smart USB Flash Drive Series
Toshiba has announced the forthcoming introduction of TransMemory USB Flash Drives that will bring U3 smart technology into the company's USB lineup. The four models in the TransMemory U3 smart drive series will be launched on the global market at the end of November. A corresponding line-up of Flash drive subassemblies for OEMs will be offered that can be easily customized by adding the outer shell.
USB flash drives have won support for their combination of capacity, ease-of-use and portability. The U3 smart drive computing platform extends that versatility by supporting storage not only of data, but also of applications and personal computer settings, preferences, profiles and security features, as well as the means to manage them. A U3 smart drive can be used in any Windows 2000 or XP PC with a USB slot, and once configured to suit a user's preferences, delivers the user's familiar computing environment and support for such applications as e-mail and web surfing, and access to files stored both on the host PC and on the smart drive. When the user removes the U3 smart drive, no personal data is left behind.
On insertion into a PC, all U3 smart drives automatically launch the U3 Launchpad, which presents the user with a list of programs to choose from and files to work with. U-Safe password-based security protection software is also built into the U3 Launchpad and can be activated at the user's discretion.
- TransMemory (U3 smart platform)
- Support for the U3 smart drive computing platform
- Integrates "U-Safe", a password security system, in U3 Launchpad
- U3 Launchpad supports downloads of U3 smart software applications
- Cap cord to prevent loss of cap.
- Name of Product - TransMemory
- Capacity - 512MB, 1GB, 2GB and 4GB
- U3 smart platform Support - Supported
- Compatible Interface - USB1.1/USB2.0 Hi-Speed compatible
- Power Supply Voltage - Bus powered from USB port
- Exterior Dimensions - 62.5(L)x17.5(W)x8.5(H)mm
- Weight - Approx. 8g (main body only)
- Operating Environment - Operating Temperature: 0 - 50 degrees C; Keeping Temperature: -20 - 60 degrees C; Operating and Keeping Humidity: 5 - 95%RH (non condensing)
- Compatible PC Models - U3 USB interface (Type A) with Windows 2000sp4 and beyond or Windows XP; as removable disk.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page