Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9
Nuance Communications has introduced Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 9, a new release of a speech recognition solution for Microsoft Windows. The new version promises to transform the way people use their PCs, moving accuracy levels up to 99% and becoming the first desktop speech recognition software that truly eliminates the need to train the software to a user's voice.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 allows people to perform nearly any computing task by speaking with their PC. This innovative software supports almost all Windows applications and instantly turns the natural voice into text or commands at speeds up to 160 words per minute with accuracy levels that can reach 99 percent - which is faster and more precise than typing. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 delivers significant improvements for existing users, as well as new features designed to expand the use of speech recognition beyond the millions of professionals, enthusiasts and people with disabilities who already use the software.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 delivers on what matters most in recognition products, providing accuracy levels that are unrivaled in desktop speech recognition, 20 percent higher than the previous release. Dragon NaturallySpeaking users gain the added benefit of avoiding spelling errors and typing mistakes, making speech a more natural and satisfying experience.
The new release also removes one of the most significant issues that has caused many people to resist even trying speech recognition - "training" or "enrollment". In historical implementations of speech recognition, users were faced with the time-consuming requirement of reading specific scripts, allowing the speech recognition to "learn" the voice of the user. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 is the first-ever desktop speech recognition product to eliminate training while still delivering highly accurate results.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking also improves its accuracy as it is used, learning and honing its precision with every dictated word. By removing the need to specifically train the product users can start realizing the benefits of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 more quickly than ever before. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 includes a full library of re-designed on-screen tutorials that significantly reduce the time it takes to become an every-day user of the software. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 also includes support for Bluetooth headsets and microphones, as well as Tablet PCs and a number of new mobile devices, giving people the freedom to dictate wirelessly or on-the-go with a PDA or digital recorder.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking makes speech recognition available for every user, from the novice to the PC expert. The Dragon NaturallySpeaking family includes different versions specifically designed for varying levels of PC user: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional for busy corporate professionals or organizations; Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred for the PC enthusiast or home office worker; and Dragon NaturallySpeaking Standard for the casual home PC user.
- Most Accurate Ever - Significant improvements to the Dragon NaturallySpeaking recognition system have yielded an accuracy improvement of more than 20 percent over the previous release, and nearly 40 percent over version 7 - resulting in speech recognition accuracy levels as high as 99 percent.
- First to Eliminate Training - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 is the first desktop speech recognition solution to truly remove the time need to "train" the software - and still deliver accurate results.
- Speech Seamlessly Integrated - Simply install Dragon NaturallySpeaking and you have added speech input and control to virtually all of your Microsoft Windows applications. The new release includes specific integration with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer, as well as Corel WordPerfect and Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird.
- New-found Mobility, Portability - New support for Nuance-approved Bluetooth headsets gives users the freedom to dictate wirelessly, without being tethered to a PC. In addition, users can capture dictation with mobile devices such as digital recorders, Palm Tungsten and Pocket PCs for automatic transcription by Dragon NaturallySpeaking when synched with the PC.
- Enterprise Features - Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional 9 can be accessed from anywhere on a network, even thin client Citrix terminals. Improved network tools allow administrators to easily manage Dragon NaturallySpeaking deployments over a network to multiple clients.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 9 is also Section 508 certified to allow hands-free use of the PC for those with disabilities and to assist people with carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive stress injuries. Dragon NaturallySpeaking has been shown to reduce temporary labor costs and insurance premiums by reducing repetitive stress injuries and worker compensation claims. The enterprise features in this new release will make deploying Dragon NaturallySpeaking to multiple users in a corporate environment even easier and more cost-effective.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page