Bridgit Conferencing Software Now Compatible with Mac
SMART Technologies releases Bridgit 3.1 conferencing software for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. The updated web-conferencing software now enables Mac and Windows users to connect with each other instantly and share information in real time. Bridgit conferencing software, like all SMART products, makes connection and collaboration easy. Students, teachers, administrators, business people and government staff around the world use Bridgit software to collaborate, increase productivity and eliminate travel time and costs.
Intuitive and secure, Bridgit 3.1 conferencing software makes web-conferencing simple, whether participants are in the same building, city or multiple locations around the world. Participants can share desktop and webcam images, talk to each other using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), take over applications on a participating user's computer or write notes in digital ink for everyone to see. For enhanced data and video interaction, Bridgit software can also be used with SMART Board interactive whiteboards and Sympodium interactive pen displays.
Features and Benefits:
* Ease of use - Windows and Mac users can start or join a conference at any time, right from their desktops. The host simply opens Bridgit conferencing software, creates a conference, assigns a password and then invites participants. Participants receive an e-mail containing a link to the conference that they click to join.
* Built-in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) - VoIP technology allows high quality voice calls to be made over computer networks, eliminating the need for a separate audio-conferencing bridge.
* Desktop sharing with cross-platform clients - Windows and Mac users can share desktops instantly and alternate desktop sharing. Participants can see anything on the conference host's desktop, including spreadsheets, presentations or websites, or they can request to share their own desktop. In either case, the conference host controls who shares and when.
* Multi-point webcam support - Bridgit conferencing software supports most webcams. This feature allows Windows participants to share webcam video from up to four participant sites at the same time. Mac users can view but not share video.
* E-mail invitations to participants - When setting up a Bridgit conference, the host can quickly and easily click the Send Invite button to add external participants with an automatically generated e-mail invitation.
* Integration with SMART Board interactive whiteboards - Participants using a SMART Board interactive whiteboard can write over shared information, and these notes will be shown in real-time on all sites in the conference.
* Multi-language version - Users can choose their preferred language interface. Ideal for multinational organizations, Bridgit software is available in 13 languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Korean, Portuguese, Norwegian, Swedish, Italian and Russian.
* Password protection - Bridgit software provides additional security with a password option and 256-bit SSL encryption.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page