Samsung and Verizon Ship the New SCH-a990 Mobile Phone
Samsung and Verizon Wireless say the SCH-a990, a 3.2-megapixel digital camera phone, is now available. The product boasts a number of media features, including V CAST to view video ,V CAST Music and Bluetooth wireless technology. The SCH-a990 has a design that looks first like a phone and then like a camera. This design, along with the high resolution and features such as a flash and in-camera photo editing software, make the SCH-a990 the first mobile device that is as much a camera as it is a multimedia phone.
The SCH-a990 is a strong V CAST multimedia phone with full music, video and game capabilities on its screen. V CAST Music lets owners play music on their wireless phones - the same device they have come to rely upon for entertainment, information and mobile communication. V CAST customers can browse, preview, download and play digital music from their SCH-a990 over Verizon's broadband network or from the Verizon Wireless V CAST Music online store using a personal computer. Owners can also view video clips from the hottest names in entertainment, news, sports and more in the palms of their hands.
The SCH-a990 phone supports VZ Navigator. This is a tool for customers that includes mapping, audible turn-by-turn navigation and the ability to find over 14 million points of interest.
Other key features include:
- 3.2-megapixel digital camera with flash, auto focus, picture editor, PictBridge Digital Printing, Zoom, TV-out and 180 degree Swivel Screen
- V CAST-capable:
* V CAST Music
* V CAST Video and 3D Games
* Get It Now-capable
- Mobile Web 2.0-capable
- Camcorder with up to one-hour recording time
- TXT, PIX and FLIX Messaging capabilities
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Expandable memory with microSD memory card slot
- Voice dialing with advanced speech recognition
- Quick Search support to find menu items and contacts
- Business Card Scan capability
- Dimensions: 3.80" x 1.88" x .82", 4.40 ounces with standard battery
- T-9 text input
- TTY compatible
- Personal organizer.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page