NEC Display Solutions Launches New MultiSync LCD Displays
NEC Display Solutions of America has launched the new 19-inch NEC MultiSync LCD1990FX and LCD1990FXp monitors to meet the demanding requirements of customers in the financial and professional markets.
The newest displays in NEC's professional MultiSync 90-series of high-end monitors are designed for power users who often use two or more displays simultaneously. Like the other NEC MultiSync 90-series models, the MultiSync LCD1990FX and the LCD1990FXp have 150-mm height-adjustable stands, pivot for either portrait or landscape mode, and contain ultra-thin borders around the screen to save space - especially useful in multiple-monitor setups. The MultiSync LCD1990FXp boasts the world's thinnest side bezel at just under 7-mm thick - 42 percent thinner than the company's current ultra-thin-bezels.
The LCD1990FX and the LCD1990FXp displays also include a quick-release stand. Now, users can simply pull a lever and the display detaches from its base. This allows faster arm-mounting, and provides portability for faster setups and easier support. The extremely wide 178-degree viewing angle is also ideal for crowded trading room floors and offices when multiple users are situated around one display.
In addition to features and performance, both the new MultiSync FX and FXp displays deliver Intelligent Power Management (IPM), which draws just 40 watts during use, and AmbiBright technology, which automatically adjusts the display backlight depending on the brightness of ambient lighting conditions. This means when office lights are shut off and the ambient light falls below a predetermined value, the monitor immediately enters power-saving mode, significantly reducing energy expenses.
NEC also offers NaViSet Administrator, which allows IT professionals to do remote diagnostics and maintenance of networked displays.
The NEC MultiSync LCD1990FX and LCD1990FXp models include:
- AmbiBright, which automatically adjusts the display's brightness for varying ambient lighting, thereby delivering optimal viewing enjoyment and energy conservation
- Ambix dual-input technology, which allows for digital/analog compatibility with upgraded video cards and software as well as connection to two systems
- Rapid Response technology (8 ms), which delivers virtually uninterrupted, undistorted viewing of high-speed, full-motion video
- 8-bit LUT, which allows more levels of shading between black and white
- RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) & WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Compliant - The Professional series complies with these e-waste standards, ensuring easier, more environmentally friendly product transitions
- Eco-Mode - Users can dim the back light, with setting presets, by as much as 75 percent for power conservation, enabling greater product life
- Ultra-Thin Bezel - A bezel width as thin as 6.9 mm on some models makes them suited for multiple-monitor configurations, including tiling installations
- Increased Height Adjustment - With a range of 150 mm, the Professional series can be easily raised to the needs of any user
- Enhanced Cable Management, which helps prevent unattractive, space-consuming wire clutters
- NaViSet Software, which offers an expanded and intuitive graphical interface, allowing easier OSM display-setting adjustments via mouse and keyboard
- XtraView+ Technology, which provides some of the widest viewing angles available - as much as 178 degrees
- CableComp - Long cable compensation, which enables lower installation costs and greater location flexibility
- Quick-release Stand, which enables easy mounting on third-party arms or wall mounts
The new NEC MultiSync LCD1990FX and the LCD1990FXp displays are RoHS compliant, containing fully disposable plastics, and are free of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page