ProtectStar Mobile Firewall
ProtectStar launches the first Mobile Firewall for appliances with Windows Mobile operating system "ProtectStar Mobile Firewall", worldwide. Hackers have various options for accessing unprotected data and appliances. It is possible to steal confidential data such as passwords, files or addresses in a matter of minutes. And it's perfectly easy to modify computers, even Handhelds and infiltrate a system with destructive viruses, worms and Trojan horses.
The security gap for mobile appliances is their operating system software
- for example: Windows Mobile has no security architecture of its own - result in unprotected data access. This makes it absolutely necessary to provide a product with these missing security services.
The ProtectStar Mobile Firewall is the first compact firewall for Windows Mobile pocket PCs, handhelds and smartphones, optimized for GPRS and UMTS networks and available as from today. It provides IP filters for WiFi, UMTS, GPRS, Bluetooth, and USB, protecting mobile appliances in two directions: a filter package monitors both sent and received data. The entire TCP/IP traffic between the computer and the Internet is thus under permanent surveillance.
Some of the key advantages of the ProtectStar Mobile Firewall:
- Bluetooth, WiFi, UMTS, USB and GPRS security
- DoS protection (Denial of Service)
- Simple installation via ActiveSync
- Filter wizard and manual filter control
- Monitors incoming and outgoing connections in real time
- Option for central administration
- Saves resources
- Protects from familiar and unknown worms and Trojan horses
- Traffic logging
- Pre-defined filters, profiles and services
- VPN support.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page