Lucent Selects Wick Hill as Sole UK Distributor
Lucent Technologies has chosen Wick Hill to distribute and support the Lucent VPN Firewall Brick portfolio, the Lucent Security Management Server and the Lucent IPSec Client in the UK.
Wick Hill resellers will now be able to offer enterprises Lucent's full suite of award-winning network and security solutions – a portfolio that spans the full spectrum of network security from carrier-grade firewall and VPN functionality to robust bandwidth management and secure mobile data networking.
A winner of numerous industry awards, the Lucent VPN Firewall (LVF) portfolio is used by service providers throughout the world not only to protect their own network elements, but also as a resale solution for managed security services.
The Lucent VPN Firewall portfolio was designed from the start to be a highly secure, fully redundant and centrally managed security solution that provides customers with improved security, less operations downtime, and considerably lower operational expenses over traditional firewall solutions.
The product portfolio features include:
* Full-featured bridging: enables stealthy, depth-of-defence security that conventional router-based firewalls cannot match.
* Advanced security safeguards: denial-of-service attack protection; high-speed content security; premium authentication services; and no backdoors.
* High-performance packet processing: supports up to 4 million simultaneous VPN sessions, 1.000 virtual firewalls, and 7.000 VPN tunnels.
* Ultra-thin, highly secure operating system: virtually impenetrable to hacker attacks; frees memory for packet processing, policy management.
* Plug-and-play deployment: implement secure mission-critical applications without costly, time-intensive network reconfiguration
* Low ownership costs: no ongoing feature-licensing expenses; easy installation, management and upgrades save IT staff time and effort; high-performance, high-capacity features reduce the need to purchase additional equipment.
* Simplified management: unique client/server design; centralized staging, real-time monitoring and no-touch management of all VPN, security and service-quality assurance capabilities via scalable, proven LSMS
* Virtual firewall and VLAN support: easily assign and enforce security policies for diverse user groups.
* Granular bandwidth management: maximize service quality via flexible class-based queuing (CBQ) technology, server-level and user-level limits and guarantees.
* Carrier-grade reliability: native high-availability architecture with no single point of failure.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page