NVIDIA GeForce Go 7 Series
NVIDIA Corporation introduced three new graphics processing units (GPUs) - the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800, GeForce Go 7600, and GeForce Go 7400 GPUs-bringing cutting-edge 3D, high-definition, home theatre-quality video and advanced power management to the notebook market.
These three additional GeForce Go 7 Series GPUs are included in tier one OEM notebooks launching at or shortly after CES. OEM design wins, based on the newest Intel Centrino mobile platform, include: ASUS, Acer, Gateway, LG, Samsung, SONY, and others. In addition, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7-series GPUs were selected to drive the video and graphics in the first notebook computer to integrate the new HD DVD media standard, the Toshiba Qosmio audio-video notebook PC.
Those new notebooks that have been launched will be on display at CES this year, from January 5-8 at the NVIDIA booth, located in booth number 36200 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Based on and following up on the extremely successful architecture as the award-winning NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX GPU, the new GeForce Go 7800, Go 7600, and Go 7400 GPUs feature a completely redesigned architecture that delivers a number of groundbreaking achievements, including:
- Next-generation NVIDIA HD PureVideo technology, which lets users experience home theater-quality HD video on the notebook PC-key to the exciting new HD-DVD and Blu-Ray HD formats.
- Brand new programmable shader architecture, delivering twice the shading horsepower of the previous generation of notebook
- Support for the latest games and applications with DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and film quality high dynamic range (HDR) lighting, the must-have feature for developers delivering more realism to real-time gaming
- Designed to provide top-tier support for the upcoming Microsoft Windows Vista OS
- NVIDIA PowerMizer technology, with advanced power management features that enable the dramatic performance enhancements in the same power budget as the previous generation of GPUs. With reduced power consumption and less heat generation, this results in cooler and smaller notebooks with increased battery life
These new notebook GPUs leverage the superior performance per watt efficiency of the GeForce Go 7 Series architecture, delivering superior performance in graphics and high definition video support at their respective notebook segments:
- The GeForce Go 7800 delivers enthusiast-level graphics and video performance for slimmer notebooks with significantly reduced power.
- The GeForce Go 7600 provides the perfect balance of graphics and video performance for slim multimedia notebooks.
- The GeForce Go 7400 creates the no-compromise mobile notebook, a small, thin, highly portable notebook, equipped with the latest graphics and high-definition video support.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page