IBM TXSeries for Multiplatforms V6.0
Simplify your distributed CICS environment. TXSeries for Multiplatforms V6.0 offers:
- Base function of previous versions of distributed CICS, but without the DCE or Encina prerequisites
- An Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) environment and an integrated CICS Structured File System (SFS), for simple, business-critical applications written in the following enterprise programming languages: COBOL, C/C++, PL/1, Core Java.
TXSeries for Multiplatforms V6.0, the next generation of distributed CICS, removes all dependencies on separate Encina and DCE technologies. Equivalent function is now provided in two core components:
- Entry-level CICS Online Transaction Processor (OLTP)
- Integrated CICS Structured File Server (SFS)
- Support is initially provided on the AIX platform, with other platforms to follow.
Encina is no longer required or supplied. For more information, refer to the Statement of direction section.
TXSeries is a rapid deployment non-J2EE integration server. It has extensive support for many enterprise information systems (EIS) including IBM CICS Transaction Server, IMS, DB2, WebSphere MQ, and WebSphere Application Server. It can use TCP/IP and SNA-based communication protocols. The three most common integration server deployment scenarios are:
- A consolidating mid-tier terminal server
- An intelligent mid-tier gateway between a J2EE application server and more than one EIS
- A comprehensive mid-tier integration server
TXSeries is an entry-level non-J2EE transaction server. It offers base level CICS programming interfaces, enabling industry-specific COBOL, C, C++, PL/1 and Core Java specialists to create simple solutions for business-critical transaction processing. It is the only distributed OLTP designed to enable you to scale up to CICS Transaction Server on the mainframe if your business requirements grow. The three most common transaction server deployment scenarios are:
- Entry-level, stand-alone transaction server
- Non-J2EE server in a mixed workload environment
- Distributed server with mainframe connectivity
New in TXSeries for Multiplatforms V6.0:
- Simplified environment where the previous dependencies on separate DCE and Encina products have been completely removed
- Equivalent DCE and Encina function now fully integrated
- Better security handling when using TXSeries in conjunction with a mainframe
- Simplified installation through industry-standard Install Shield Multiplatform (ISMP)
- Major revision to the documentation library
- Support for IBM Business Partner, Acucorp's open systems COBOL, ACUCOBOL-GT, and extend technologies.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Computing News :: home page