Promixis Releases Girder 4.0
Promixis LLC announced the immediate availability of Girder 4.0. Version 4.0 incorporates a new user interface with significant advances in usability and flexibility to allow for simple task automation and program control.
Girder is based on an event-driven architecture that makes action and command automation possible from almost any type of internal or external input. Girder responds to remote control commands, scheduled events, external devices such as security panel controls, and commands received over your home network or the internet, and turns those commands into home automation events. Users are able to manage video and audio hardware, adjust home theater lighting, program security systems, and much more. With Lua, Girder's scripting language, there is no limit on Girder's capabilities. The new integrated development environment makes it quick and easy to automate most any task.
New features in Girder 4.0 include:
• New user interface for fast and easy application development
• Highly customizable OSD for user notification, status reports and menus
• Flexible task scheduling with conditional event triggering
• Web-based system control from any internet browser
• Standard event mapping for common remote control tasks
• Simple-to-use weather retrieval functionalities
• Lua 5 scripting with multithreading for fast, sophisticated and simultaneous actions
• Configurable integrated development environment with logging and variable inspection
write your comments about the article :: © 2005 Computing News :: home page