Astaro Security Gateway 220 - 'Best Of The Year'
Astaro's unified threat management appliance, the Astaro Security Gateway 220, was named 'Best of the Year' by PC Magazine in its December 27, 2005 issue.
The magazine selected eight solutions in the categories of Security and Networking for this yearly distinction. Astaro Security Gateway 220 was chosen as the Business Security Appliance for both.
The reviewers noted, "The Astaro Security Gateway 220 is an impressive hardware solution..."
"Best of the Year is an amazing honor and to be recognized in not one, but
two categories by the technical staff at PC Magazine is truly a testament to
our focus on providing the best, most cost-effective and easy-to-manage
security for small and medium businesses, " said Jan Hichert, CEO of Astaro.
"We look forward to the new year as we continue to introduce products that
innovate, while serving an even larger segment of the network security
About Astaro Products
Astaro develops a complete line of network security products -- Astaro
Security Gateway software and appliances. All Astaro products provide email
security, web security, and network security with up to nine critical security
applications fully integrated on a single management platform, including:
* Virus Protection for Email - catches viruses in conventional (SMTP and POP3) emails and attachments.
* Spam Protection - uses nine different techniques to filter out spam and without stopping legitimate emails.
* Phishing Protection - blocks emails from criminals trying to trick users into revealing confidential information.
* Spyware Protection - detects and blocks spyware infection attempts as well as spyware communication from already infected systems.
* Virus Protection for the Web - defends computers from virus infections from web downloads and web-based emails.
* Content Filtering (Surf Protection) - blocks Internet access to up to 60 categories of web sites.
* Firewall - guards Internet communications traffic in and out of the organization with stateful packet inspection and application-level proxies.
* Intrusion Protection - detects and blocks probes and application-based attacks using heuristics, anomaly detection, and pattern-based techniques.
* Virtual Private Network Gateway - assures secure communications with remote offices, "road warriors, " and telecommuters.
write your comments about the article :: © 2005 Computing News :: home page