EXPO REAL Hybrid Summit conference program: Exciting topics and high-profile speakers
October 05, 2020
• Leading experts from business and science
• Key topics: Corona, digitalization and environmental protection
The conference program of the EXPO REAL Hybrid Summit on October 14 and 15 features exciting topics and renowned speakers, including an economic scientist, a sociologist, a climate specialist and numerous experts from the real estate industry.
The key theme of this year’s EXPO REAL Hybrid Summit will come as no surprise as more than 50 events in five forums explore the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on real estate and investments. While COVID-19 is making the headlines, the real estate industry is also facing up to the challenges of environmental protection and digital change.
Opening keynote from Felbermayr and Nassehi
For the opening event of the EXPO REAL FORUM on Wednesday, October 14 at 11:00, Messe München have lined up two prominent scientists to provide insights into the economic and social effects of the pandemic: Professor Gabriel Felbermayr, President of the IfW Institute for the World Economy in Kiel, and Professor Armin Nassehi, sociologist from Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich. They will each hold a keynote speech on the topic: “Corona turns the world on its head: What does this mean for real estate and investments in Germany?” Following their keynotes, both speakers will join a panel of renowned experts from the real estate industry for a lively discussion.
Panel discussions with climate researchers and retail and marketing experts
• On Wednesday at 14:00, the climate researcher Professor Mojib Latif will be joining the EXPO REAL FORUM by live video stream. His topic: “Climate protection requirements: Responsibility for real estate and investments.”
• At 15:00, Professor Günter Schuh, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Next e.GO Mobile SE, will be addressing the topic “Good-bye mobility transition? Responding to climate change and the consequences of the pandemic?”
• On Thursday at 13:30, the retail and marketing expert Dr. Marc Schumacher from Liganova will be delivering a keynote speech on “The New Normal Post Covid-19 Marketing & Consumption Habits” and will also be joining the panel of experts to discuss “Urban development challenges: solutions for attractive city centers” at 14:00.
• At 16:00, the EXPO REAL FORUM draws to a close with a final panel discussion focusing on the extent to which the corona pandemic is giving the digitalization of the real estate industry a turbo boost.
Leading speakers from the real estate industry
The conference program also includes numerous participants from the real estate industry, including
Andreas Hohlmann, Managing Director Germany, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield
Klaus Kirchberger, CEO, OFB Project Development
Annette Kröger, CEO North & Central Europe, Allianz Real Estate
Pepijn Morshuis, CEO, Trei Real Estate
Matthias Naumann, CIO Real Estate, Europe, DWS
Doris Pittlinger, Managing Director / Head: Fund Management Europe, Invesco Real Estate
Dr. Zsolt Sluitner, CEO, Siemens Real Estate
Jörn Stobbe, CEO and Head of Asset Management/Value Add, Union Investment Real Estate
Victor Stoltenburg, Managing Director, Deka Immobilien Investment and
Katharina von Schacky, Head of Strategy, Germany & Northern Europe, WeWork.
All speakers and talks can be found online at www.exporeal.net/conferences
The site will be constantly updated.
All discussion panels will be simultaneously available in English.
Tickets for EXPO REAL Hybrid Summit are available now
The EXPO REAL Hybrid Summit offers visitors various ways to participate in the event: on site or digitally. Information on the individual ticket types and prices can be found at: www.exporeal.net/tickets
Trade fairs not subject to contact restrictions
Munich is currently subject to tightened contact restrictions due to the coronavirus. These restrictions do not apply to hosting and participating in trade fairs or conferences. The state government has even expressly permitted trade fairs and exhibitions. The recently announced restrictions only apply to private gatherings, where contact tracing or compliance with hygiene regulations are not possible.
Visitors from abroad are welcome
Visitors from abroad may enter Germany to attend a trade fair. AUMA, the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry, has compiled the essential information on entry regulations for trade fair visitors. The most important facts: There are no travel restrictions for visitors from EU member states and from countries on the safe travel list. Trade fair participants from all other countries may also enter the country because they are travelling for justified business purposes.
More detailed information can be found in a press release in the EXPO REAL newsroom area.
Proven COVID-19 prevention plan
Messe München’s events are organized in accordance with a sophisticated COVID-19 prevention plan that our experts have drawn up together with other Bavarian trade fair companies and which was ratified by the Bavarian State Government on June 23, 2020. Most recently, this plan was successfully implemented for TrendSet – International Trade Fair for Interiors, Inspiration and Lifestyle, and ensured a safe trade fair for everyone involved.